Sunday June 9, 2019, 10:00am to 4pm.
Cathedral of the Holy Family, 123 Nelson Rd, Saskatoon, SK S7S 1H1
- Continuing Education seminars 10:00 am -12:00 pm (2 CEUs)
- Introduction to Japanese Acupuncture - Masanori (Taki) Takezawa
- Public Health Inspections - changes coming - David Ip
- Call formal meeting to order 1:00pm (3 CEUs)
- Take attendance
- Review and adopt agenda
- Motion: Adopt the Agenda as presented or amended.
- Review and approve Minutes from previous AGM
- Motion: Approve the Minutes as presented or amended.
- Matters arising from Minutes
- Presentation of President’s Annual Report
- Presentation of Accounts -Treasurer
- Motion: Approve the Treasurer’s Reports as presented or amended.
- Motion: Waive audit of the 2019 accounts (requires 2/3 support of membership)
- Election for Board of Directors (three positions open) Continuing directors beginning 2nd year are MT, AV, KJ, SM. Completed 2-year terms: MG, NM, JK.
- Present nominations received prior to the meeting
- Motion: Open the floor to nominations
- Motion: Close the floor to nominations
- If number of nominations is equal to or less than the number of open positions, then no election will be held and the candidates will be declared elected by acclamation.
- Appoint Scrutineers
- Scrutineers tally the votes and present results
- Motion: Destroy ballots
- Other Business
- Proposed changes to the Bylaws
- Proposed policies.
- Background: Each year, some members have not renewed their memberships on time. Some people have decided not to continue as members and have not told us. Other members have just forgotten to renew. Insurance coverage for our patients and Professional Liability insurance require that the members are meeting the requirements of membership including paying dues and keeping records up to date. We try to contact members that have not paid on time to be sure that they wish to continue. If we do not get an answer after trying to contact them, we don't know if the person wants to continue membership but we cannot tell the insurance companies that they are up to date. We propose a formal policy to accept renewals up to 11 weeks after the start of the PTCMAAS year.
Proposed policy: Membership renewals are due by June 1 each year. Payment after June 15 and before August 15 will be charged a late-payment fee of $10. Memberships that are not renewed by August 15 will be discontinued, and the names will be removed from the active membership list.This may affect some patients' eligibility for insurance reimbursement and may also affect the member's eligibility for professional liability insurance. Individuals who have not paid by August 15 and wish to continue their membership in PTCMAAS will be required to reapply for membership including paying the application fee.
Motion: approve the proposed policy effective immediately.
- Closing remarks
The Board of Directors shall elect its officers each year following the election of new Board members at the Annual General Meeting. An officer must be a member of the Board of Directors and be currently practicing acupuncture/TCM in Saskatchewan according to PTCMAAS Inc. standards.