[Note: this is a copy of the formal SGI letter for information purposes only. If there are any differences between the SGI letter and this copy, the SGI letter is the official form.]
Effective August 1, 2021
|Current Fee||Aug 1, 2021 - July 31, 2022||Aug 1, 2022 - July 31, 2023||Aug 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024|
|Initial||$45.00 (and $10.00 Tray fee)||$57.00||$58.00||$59.00|
|Subsequent||$30.00 (and $10.00 Tray fee)||$41.00||$42.00||$43.00|
- The acupuncture provider is a member in good standing of the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada/Saskatchewan Chapter or who has been certified by and is a member in good standing with the Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada. They will be a member of SAA (Saskatchewan Acupuncture Association), Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada (CMAAC), or Acupuncture Foundation of Canada/Saskatchewan Chapter or Provincial Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture Association of Saskatchewan (PTCMAAS).
- Verification of qualification must be provided.
- The acupuncture is provided by someone who has liability insurance to cover them in doing this treatment. Proof of liability insurance may be requested by the insurer.
- The acupuncture treatment must be a part of a multi-component treatment plan that includes reactivation and is not a stand-alone option.
- The acupuncture provider confirms that a claim exists and commits to payment within 7 calendar days from patient visit.
- A requested report must contain: customer name, claim #, assessment diagnosis, and recommended treatment plan. The rate paid for the report is $20. If acupuncture services are being provided by the attending physio or chiro, the initial assessment can be included in the physio or chiro reporting form.
- Upon receipt of this report, the Personal Injury Representative may authorize more acupuncture treatments for a maximum of 10 in total.
- Initial visit, which includes the initial assessment and treatment, rate is $55. Subsequent visits will be at a rate of $40. (Or applicable amount negotiated for that time period.)
- If acupuncture services are being provided by the attending Physio or Chiropractor, the acupuncture services will not deplete their compliment of primary interventions. It will be counted as an acupuncture service only.
- Service Provider maximum of 1 treatment/day.
- Acupuncture services are GST exempt.